Getting an Offer Ready
When you take a look at a property that interests you, you are likely eager to move into it – so much so that you’ll panic about losing the home to another buyer you don’t act fast. You don’t need to have such worries, though. You have a professional working with you to make sure things go your way. As a real estate agent, it is my duty to make sure that you can afford the property you want.
Getting an offer prepared is where things will start. I will issue this documentation to a seller, telling them about the price you are willing to pay and any conditions that you have.
The starting price of the offer is of paramount importance. It needs to represent the property’s market value, and anything less than that amount will not be taken seriously. Alternatively, the last thing you want to do is offer too much and overpay for the property.
Worry not – I understand how to put together convincing offers so that you can get the home without spending an arm and a leg. I’ll be looking out for your best interests during the whole process.
What the Process Entails
When making an offer for a property, here’s what you can expect to happen:
- I’ll suggest a price that’ll be taken seriously (the price may be more than the home is worth).
- Sellers are partial to offers that don’t have conditions. I might recommend a condition (for instance, a passing grade from the home inspector) to bypass unwanted surprises after you have moved in.
- I will put together the required documentation and issue an offer to the other real estate agent and the seller.
- Should the offer be declined and replaced by a counteroffer, I will collaborate with the other real estate agent, representing you during the negotiations in order to get the best deal possible for you.
- You and I will be in constant communication during the length of the process. You won’t be blindsided about anything with me as your representative.
- After a seller accepts your offer, I will help you figure out if any conditions should be taken out of the offer for the sake of closing a deal.
When we’re done, the home will belong to you. Way to go!
I understand that presenting an offer might be a stressful endeavor. It needn’t be if you use a real estate agent that prioritizes clients. When you pursue a home that interests you, you can relax knowing that a professional is representing you – an individual who can help you get what you want.
If you have any queries about offers, give me a call, send me an email, or fill out the following form.