The Process of Shopping for a Home
As a real estate agent, it is my duty to ensure that the process of shopping for a home is not only a rewarding endeavor, it’s a pleasant one, too.
I achieve this through multiple methods.
I will show you potential affordable homes on a regular basis that address your desires and requirements. In doing so, you bypass the hassles of viewing a home that doesn’t suit your needs.
I ensure that opportunities aren’t missed. When a property that interests you becomes available, you will know about it right away.
I book viewings for you that accommodates your schedule. That way, your timeframe won’t be altered.
Before a home can be viewed, I will offer you comprehensive information about the property. That way, the decisions you make will be calculated. You’ll find out about the property’s market value, closing dates, and other details. I will also answer any questions you have.
Further, I will tell you everything you need to know about the area the home is in. This will give you more insight into what the neighborhood is like with regard to nearby schools, safety, lifestyle, and more.
When you locate a home that interests you, I will provide you with an unbiased, expert opinion as to whether the property is capable of accommodating your wants and needs. You’ll be able to make choices using information that matters.
I am dedicated to helping you get the home you want, and I will be by your side during the entire process.
What to Keep an Eye Out For
There are a number of ideas and questions to keep in mind to simplify the viewing process:
- Does the property accommodate your needs (does it contain must-have features)? For instance, how many bedrooms does it have? How big are the closets? What is the size of the kitchen?
- Does the property contain any desired features (things that would be nice, but aren’t deal-breakers)? For instance, a large living room, a big deck in the backyard, etc.
- What kind of condition is the home in, for the most part? (Have the homeowners clearly maintained the place and made necessary repairs where needed?)
- Will the property require any vital repairs or need to be renovated/remodeled? Will anything warrant replacement (perhaps the furnace, for example)?
- What are your favorite things about the property?
- What don’t you like about the property? Could renovating or remodeling those things change your mind either down the road or before you buy the place?
- Are the areas surrounding the home well maintained? Is pride of ownership in other homes evident?
- What’s the neighborhood like, and do you feel safe in it?
- Does the area contain things you need? (For instance, will you be close to a bus stop? Is there a supermarket nearby? Can you take your dog to a nearby park?)
You should never feel frustrated when you view a home. It is my duty to simplify the process for you and make it as worthwhile as possible. I make it easy for you to locate the home of your dreams.
Ready to begin? Send me an email or give me a call so I can learn about the type of property you have in mind.